Number of Nights:

Nights so far: 227

Sunday, January 12, 2014

1/12/14

IT'S RAINING!  If this keeps up, my quinzhee will be reduced to a glob of slush!  Luckily, it's supposed to get cold again later this week.  Not negative cold, but cold enough that nothing else will melt.

Off the "damp track" now, I'd like to thank everyone for their support, comments, and safety concerns.  A week ago I received a message from a kindly firefighter who read the post when I said my candle went out halfway through the night.  Thank you for the concern!  However, the candle went out because it had burnt down to a stub, not because there was not enough oxygen in the quinzhee.  I'd also like to thank the Boy Scout Troop in Florida for the patches they sent!  Thanks to anyone who has commented, too.  I'm sorry if I don't respond to your comments.  I'm taking two college credit classes in school (one of which I should be studying for right now!) and I'm struggling to finish some merit badges for my Eagle rank.  I do; however, read all the comments, so don't let my silence stop you from posting.

Thanks again to everyone for the encouragement and kind words!  Expect some news later this week as to how the quinzhee's holding up to the drizzle...

No comments:

Post a Comment